The Union Of Campus Journalists, University of Ibadan has announced an extension to the deadline for submission of entries for the 5th edition of the Fisayo Soyombo intervarsity essay contest.
This was contained in a statement signed by the President of the union, Ibukunoluwa Dada. He noted that only one entry is allowed and anyone who makes more than one entry will be disqualified.
The new deadline for submission is now February 4th, 2023.
The annual Fisayo Soyombo essay contest is aimed at discovering young talented Nigerian students who are gifted in the art of writing. Also, it is an avenue to discuss and debate contemporary issues while proffering solutions to seemingly problematic areas.
The Theme of this year’s contest is PROVIDING PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS AS NIGERIA`S NEXT PRESIDENT. To participate in this year`s edition, students across all higher institutions in Nigeria should pay attention to the following:
- You have been selected as the next president of Nigeria, pick an ailing sector in the country and provide practical solutions towards resuscitating it.
- You are to attach a short bio of yourself and scanned ID cards of your school. (2) essay must not be more than 2500 words; Times New Roman. Font size: 12. Spacing: 1.5.
- The essay should be attached as a PDF document. And do not insert your name or other ID details in the PDF
- Submission of the essay writing should be done via ucjunibadan
- Deadline for Submission: January 7, 2023.
This year`s edition of the Fisayo Soyombo essay contest will see the winner go home with a sum of two hundred and fifty thousand plus internship Placement while the 1st Runner up and 2nd Runner Up will go home with One hundred and fifty thousand, and one hundred thousand respectively.
The Sponsor of the contest, Mr Fisayo Soyombo is an alumnus of UCJ UI and he served as the President during the 2007/2008 academic session. He is a veteran Investigative Journalist. He has served as an undercover journalist who spent five days in a police cell as a suspect and eight days as an inmate in Ikoyi prison to track corruption in Nigeria`s criminal justice system e.t.c. He`s the founder of the Foundation for Investigative Journalism (FIJ), and he has won many awards in Nigeria and at the international level.
For further details about the essay, kindly send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org