By Lawal M. Aderonke
Acnes are one of the most dreaded conditions of the skin. They are a disorder of the skin caused by inflammation of the skin glands and hair follicles and also by pimples. A lot of people are battling with its scars and fighting it with different products which either proves effective or not or even contributory to other skin problems.
According to dermatologists, four major factors are responsible for acnes and they are:
1. Clogging of the pores caused by too much oil secretion by the skin
2. Building up of dead skin cells
3. Presence of bacteria
Acnes are worse results of pimples but can be prevented and treated. It can be prevented only if the skin especially the face is well taken care of. Try out the suggestions below:
1. Wash the face twice daily
This is essential especially for people with oily face. Oily skin attracts dirts. Wash your face with soap and clean water. Better still, cleanse with any effective cleanser. Above all, avoid using a dirty face towel.
2. Refrain from harsh scrubbing of face
3. Keep hair clean to avoi excess oil travel down to your face.
4. Refrain frompopping your pimples: This is a strong temptation but you can overcome it. Popping pimples makes the other clear skin prone to bacteria and even makes your pimples an open wound.
5. Apply topical treatments. Use ttreatments that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide
6. Cut back on your sugar.
7. Wear Sunscreen or protection
8. Avoid skin care products that contains oil
9. Refrain from excess exfoliation
10. Reduce stress.