THE UNION OF CAMPUS JOURNALISTS, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN BEING THE PUBLISHER OF HEARTBEAT TABLOID AND THE CAMPULSE, HEREBY CALLS FOR ARTICLES FOR PUBLICATION IN THIS YEAR EDITION OF “THE CAMPULSE MAGAZINE”.
Entries are hereby welcome from all and sundry for the following columns:
- NEWS: News stories are welcome from all members of the general public from within UI, other campuses within and outside Ibadan. All news stories MUST be true, verifiable and non-fictional. News stories that can be backed up with pictures will be given preference.
- CAMPULSE WATCH: Contributors to this column will be expected to write on issues which are investigative in nature and which involve deep research. It should center about burning issues, on the mind of the average students, which needs to be addressed.
- HEALTH: Contributors to this column are expected to write on the effects of dirtiness on the health of students as well as educative articles on popular viral diseases.
- SPORTS: Writers are expected to outline the problems plaguing sports in Nigeria; discuss the complexities and proffer workable solutions to these problems. The articles should cover major sports in Nigeria and not just focus on Soccer. Articles that address sports within the UI context will also be given preference.
- GOSSIPS: This column will welcome true, veritable, non-injurious, humorous and corrective stories only. Any gossip story that doesn’t contain the above stated will not be published. The stories, as many as possible should center about happenings within the campus and possibly unprecedented occurrences that have been noticed since resumption.
- ENTERTAINMENTS: Contributors are expected to submit hot, sizzling entertainment news, local, national and foreign. News on entertainment awards is also welcomed. Profiles of popular entertainment stars are also welcomed. Pictures are compulsory,
- RELATIONSHIPS: This column should center on why most relationship on campus do not end in marriage. Examples and illustrations are part of the stories.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Contributors are expected to analyze the entrepreneurship culture amongst students in UI and students generally across the nation. Identify problems facing the growth of entrepreneurship and proffer viable solutions to these problems. Stories of Students-entrepreneurs will also be welcomed as well as free adverts of their businesses.
- FASHION AND STYLE: This column is expected to feature good dressing for guys and ladies. It should feature perfect colour combinations, hairstyles, foot wears and other accessories for guys and ladies. Pictures are compulsory.
- EDUCATION: Contributors to this column should write on the state of education in Nigeria, the travails of a typical Nigerian students and the low ranking of Nigerian universities in the world as well as solutions to address these problems.
- POLITICS: Contributors to this column should capture current trends in campus politics. The past Students’ Union election and the emerging political culture are the main focus.
- ARTS: This column is purely art-based. Contributors should send in cartoons, fiction, short stories, poems and artworks.
- CUISINE: Contributors will write on “My dream Kitchen.” This will outline what a dream kitchen should contain; arrangement of equipments, electronic stuffs and foodstuffs. Pictures of model kitchens should be included. Recipes of popular food in Africa are also welcomed.
- PAPARAZZI: Photo clips from events within the campus within the last one year are welcome. Anybody within the University community is allowed to submit photos that will be returned, for the magazine. Photos should be sent in soft or hard copy from any events.
- VIEW POINTS: This is an opinion column allowing the contributor to write on any topic of interest in line with the campus community. Any issue needing address can be written on.
- HALL & FACULTY WATCH: This column is open to all contributors to feature an overview of halls of residence Faculties in UI. They should look at issues in the halls: buttery, toilets, rooms, squatting, security of lives and property, lecturers’ competency, cleanliness as well as other issues most especially, the new trend of exorbitant dues. Pictures are compulsory. Any other information concerning halls can be included as long as it is in line with the theme of the article.
- BOOK REVIEW: this column welcomes entries from all sorts of books. All entries must state the details of the book under review. The reviewer should summarize major issues on the book and end with an opinion or conclusion on the content of the book. The cover of the book should be scanned and sent with the review.
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: Contributors should write on the boundless potentials of modern technologies. Reviews will be expected on phones, tablets, and other electronic gadgets. Articles that centers on discussing these issues within the context of the University/academic system will be given preference.
ARTICLES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th of October, 2014.
YOU CAN ALSO PLACE YOUR ADVERTISEMENT IN THE PUBLICATION
FOR MORE DETAILS, CONTACT
THE PUBLISHER THE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF THE ADVERT MANAGER
07067872172 07061282516 08131024802