2014 SURANA INTERNATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION
Entries are invited for the 2014 Surana International Essay Writing Competition On Death Penalty from students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the world.
Emerging Trends in Cyber-Crimes
- First Prize – INR 25,000/- (KTS Tulsi Award)
- Second Prize – INR 15,000/- (Surana Award)
- Third Prize – INR 10,000/- (Surana Award)
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants.
20 August 2014
- The essay must be written in English.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The participant should send three attachments in mail
- Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition: Ad Idem 2014” – Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
- Submission must be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Result declaration will be made on 22nd September 2014
If you have questions, send them to email@example.com
SCIENCE AND HUMAN RIGHTS 2014 STUDENT ESSAY COMPETITION
Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to participate in the AAAS Science and Human Rights Coalition Essay Competition. This essay competition was created to inspire students to explore connections between human rights and science, engineering and the health professions. Students may write on any topic at the intersection of science and/or technology with human rights.
Any topic at the intersection of science and/or technology with human rights
Prizes, including a year of membership in AAAS and a one-year subscription toScience, will be awarded in the following categories:
(1) Undergraduate student
(2) Graduate student
30 June, 2014
- Guidelines The winning students will be recognized at the July 14-15, 2014 meeting of the Science and Human Rights Coalition (AAAS is unable to cover travel expenses).
- Students may be enrolled in any discipline.
- Each student may submit only one essay.
- Essays should be no more than 750 words in length.
- Please send your essay as an attachment to an email toSHRCoalitionStudents@gmail.com.
- The attachment may be sent in either Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format.
- The body of the email must include the following information:
(a) Name of College or University where you are enrolled(b) Student status (undergraduate or graduate)(c) Essay title(d) Email address(e) Mailing address
(f) Phone number
- Essays must be submitted no later than 11:59 P.M., Friday, May 30, 2014. Any entries received after that time will not be considered. Winners will be notified by June 13, 2014.
Send your questions to SHRCoalitionStudents@gmail.com
2014 INTERNATIONAL WRITING CHALLENGE ON ECONOMIC IDEAS
FSDE (Forum StudidanDiskusiEkonomi) 2014 invites submission for our 2014 International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) for undergraduate students who are still enlisted as student throughout the competition. ICEI’s main purpose are to gain and promote new in areas covered by the theme. In accordance to FSDE 2014 theme, Securing the Future of Emerging Economies, the ICEI 2014 will focus on the subtheme “Enhancing Competitiveness of Emerging Economies Through Highly Efficient Institution”.
Securing the Future of Emerging Economies
The winner will be granted:
- 1st will get fresh money USD 1000, certificate, and ICEI essays compilation book.
- 2ndwill get fresh money USD 700, certificate, and ICEI essays compilation book.
- 3rd will get fresh money USD 500, certificate, and ICEI essays compilation book.
30 September, 2014
- For complete information on writing and submitting the essay, please refer to ICEI Essay Writing Guideline.
- Participants are required to fill a pop-up form prior downloading the guideline. Submissions are open from September 1st until September 30th.
If you have any question regarding the International Challenge on Economic Ideas, please contact us via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PORT HARCOURT BOOK FESTIVAL ESSAY COMPETITION 2014
An essay competition to mark Nigeria’s centenary is launched nation-wide for youth. Winners will be recognized and rewarded at the Port Harcourt Book Festival 2014.
This activity will give participants the unique opportunity of coming up with a story that would be part of the landmark of Nigeria’s centenary. It would further create awareness of the PH WBC and reward literary prowess.
Possibilities For Nigeria @100
Port Harcourt World Book Capital 2014 Secretariat
17 June, 2014
- Eligible participants are bona fide students from an accredited Nigerian tertiary institution
- Contestants should be between 16 and 25 years
- Essay should be between 1,200 and 1,500 words, type-set with double space
- Entries should be titled: “NATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION” and emailed to email@example.com.
- Submission of entries closes 17th of June, 2014
All questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE G20 GLOBAL BUSINESS CHALLENGE FOR GRADUATES WORLDWIDE
Type of contest: Business plan
Description: The G20 Global Business Challenge is a unique competition of graduate students from the world’s leading business schools and universities to leverage their capabilities with collaborators from the research and business communities to formulate proposed solutions to major global challenges.
Team members:Participating students within a team must meet the enrolment criteria being either currently enrolled in an eligible programme of study OR have been enrolled in an eligible programme of study as at November, 2013.
Team composition: Team membership shall comprise a minimum of two (2) student members. Team membership will comprise a multidisciplinary mix of a maximum of four post-graduate students from any combination of business and/or technical disciplines. A student alternate may be included as a fifth member of the team in extenuating circumstances (such as illness) and with the approval of the organisers.
Prize: Six finalist teams will be selected to come to an intensive 2 day lock-in phase where they will be required to address a series of specific constraints reflecting real-world issues in order to make their solution a reality. Finalists will present to a judging panel of global CEOs and financiers.
Finalist Teams will compete for a $US100,000 first prize with a host of other prizes for runners up and winners of specific categories.
Visit www.g20gbc.org to apply.
Deadline:June 14, 2014.
WOL FOUNDATION 2014 ESSAY COMPETITION ($2000 PRIZE)
The Web of Life Foundation runs an annual competition looking for the best non-technical English language writing on any themes related to political/social/environment issues.
THEME: ‘Leadership: What are the characteristics of effective leadership for the 21st century?’
ELIGIBILITY: Any one individual may submit up to three entries.
WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Submissions should be no longer than 2000 words.
- Essays may have been published before provided you have the necessary permissions to re-publish.
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $1,500.
- A further $500 will be awarded to the second placed entry.
- Shortlisted entries may be published as a book of collected essays.
Submit your entry by email to email@example.com
September 30th, 2014.